Basher Haven
Welcome to the NEW Basher Haven, to get rid of this screen please login and join the forum.

Basher Admin
Basher Haven
Welcome to the NEW Basher Haven, to get rid of this screen please login and join the forum.

Basher Admin
Basher Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBasher HomepageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alloy or Carbon?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stumpy
Basher Newb
Basher Newb

Alloy or Carbon? Empty
PostSubject: Alloy or Carbon?   Alloy or Carbon? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:36 pm

I am starting to put my Baja on a diet, and have a chassis question. Should i go with the Scorpion alloy chassis, that has been milled out to lighten it. The other option is, Pro Line has a carbon chassis that is coming out very soon. Which one is lighter? Will the carbon chassis hold up?
Back to top Go down
Pooki
Basher Newb
Basher Newb

Alloy or Carbon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alloy or Carbon?   Alloy or Carbon? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Here you go! All the info you will need.

Approx weights

Stock rtr - 708g
SS - 711
Scorpion -530
CF Chassis - varies 290-330g

Now there is a carbon chassi maker named swisslow across the pond that makes a 150G chassi that looks good also. Will the CF hold up over a alloy one? They say they will but would you risk a 4-500 dollar chassi so you can jump and look cool? I wouldnt and if thats what you do.. I say stick with Scorpions 530 LW alloy.
Back to top Go down
stumpy
Basher Newb
Basher Newb

Alloy or Carbon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alloy or Carbon?   Alloy or Carbon? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 pm

Taht makes sense, thanks Pooki.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alloy or Carbon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alloy or Carbon?   Alloy or Carbon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alloy or Carbon?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Basher Haven :: BASHER GARAGE :: 1/5th Scale Bashers-
Jump to: